A super big thank you to HoppingRTW for the Liebster Award Nomination. This award is given to help bloggers find other bloggers and grow their audience. Besides the badge is super cool too! Since I’m still a growing blog, I was ecstatic to even have been nominated. If you’re a beautiful blogger person nominated for the award there’s some rules you need to follow!
My Questions and Answers
1.If you were stuck in one place for 1 year, where would you choose?
I would definitely choose to be stuck in Italy. It’s the homeland of my grandparents and I haven’t been yet. I would love to learn their culture and better my Italian (slang and new swears awwwww yeah).
2. Why did you start blogging?
Good question. I originally started blogging because I wanted to share my experience of being a military girlfriend. Once I broke up with my ex, I left blogging for awhile and picked it back up when I moved to Japan. I originally used my blog as a diary to keep my friends and family informed, but then I wanted my blog to grow and become serious in the blogosphere.
3. Which travel quote inspires you the most?
I’m an English major and this is so cliché, but I love me some Mark Twain.
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.”
4. What’s your favorite TV series?
Is anyone out there a fan of the Vampire Diaries or The Originals? I love the Mikaelson Family and all their sexy accents. Elijah anyone? 😉
5. Do you have a favorite blog post?
I have extensive knowledge of Okinawa, Japan because I lived there for 3 years. It would be a shame not to help others going along the road less traveled not to discover the beauty of one of the most incredible places on Earth. I’d have to say my favorite blog post is “Tokashiki Guide: Okinawa’s Best Outer Island.” I’m gonna cheat a little here and also promote my newest article about “Dating in Korea 101” because I dedicated a mass amount of time researching interviewing, and writing. I’m incredibly pleased with how it turned out.
6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
If I could change anything, it would be the bouts of laziness that plague me when I have writers and YouTubers block.
7. Do you have a favorite book?
Alas, I do love to read. I’m a sucker for Victorian Era literature. I’m hopelessly in love with Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I love the adventures of Sherlock Holmes as well.
8. Biggest fear?
My biggest fear is not being able to do everything I want to do in life. There’s so many things to do and so many opportunities, it’s hard to choose what’s right and the best route for you. As I go along, I’m slowly figuring it out.
9. If you were on a deserted island, which 3 items would you take with you?
I would take water, food, and shelter.
10. What is your favorite dish you’ve eaten on your travels?
My absolute most favorite dish is Korean barbecue. The first time I came to Korea and had it, I was blown away. In fact, I’m still blown away every time I eat it. I love how there’s a small portion of meat and a bunch of veggie based side dishes everywhere. I can eat a little bit of everything and I love that.
11. Which country would you recommend to people to visit?
I would definitely recommend people to visit Japan at least once in their lives. Japan is such a beautiful country to see and the culture is very unique. It will definitely feel like stepping into another world. After thousands of years of isolation, Japan had plenty of time to cultivate a way of life very different from what we know today.
Nick from Nomadic Nick
Alice from Kiwi in Korea
Dora from Trip-Experiences
Mari from Hello Marimon
Jennifer from Western Girl Eastern Boy
(I know we’re supposed to have 11, but I had trouble finding blogs for this. :P)
Questions for the Nominees
- Why did you first start your blog and what keeps you writing now?
- What is your favorite blog post and why?
- What is your favorite city you’ve traveled to and why?
- What is the best food you’ve ever had?
- If you could go one place right now, where would you go?
- What are the best souvenirs to bring back?
- If you could meet any celebrity, who would you meet?
- What do you do to stay healthy when you travel?
- Have you ever lived abroad? If so, where and are you still there?
- What is your favorite thing about traveling?
- What’s the most overrated city?
Happy blogging everyone!